Popular Posts

Saturday, April 18, 2015

My Take On 90s Fashion

Look Number 1







Since I have just recently finished watching Friends on Netflix, and I know a lot of others have been taking advantage of the chance to binge watch this 90s sitcom, I felt it was only appropriate that my very first blog post would be inspired by the 90s. This outfit is a little different from what I usually wear, but sometimes it's just fun to try something new! The older I get, the more I realize that fashion shouldn't be taken so seriously. I particularly love Rachel's style (who doesn't??) and decided to put together a couple of outfits that remind me of her, with my own flair of course. I think that this look is perfect for a day of outdoor window shopping with friends or for walking around a local art/music festival.

Dress: My Mom.  Hat: Target.  Belt and Bracelet: Francesca's Collections. 
 Shoes: Madden Girl.  Bag: Fossil.  Sunglasses: Aj Morgan Lipstick: Revlon Fuchsia Fusion 

A lot of these pieces are no longer available, but here are links to similar pieces.

 Similar Dress: Forever 21   Similar Hat:Asos Floppy Hat, also love this one.  Similar Belt:H&M
Similar Shoes: Francesca's  Handbag in similar color for on a budget: Target


Look Number 2







This look resembles more of the 90s grunge look. However, I can totally see Rachel rocking this leather skort and a leather jacket thrown over the shoulders, am I wrong? This look is definitely out of my normal realm of ensembles, which consist of blazers and heels, but I think it is a great option for a casual day in the park, and the boots with side cutouts are especially great for the weather I have been recently experiencing, which is warm but muddy. However, I think the gems on the neckline of my shirt and the cateye sunglasses help to keep it me. P.S. Sorry for the excess of pictures, I couldn't help but include these pictures with my dog!

Shirt: H&M, Check out this one if you like the cut and colors in mine.  Leather Jacket: TJ Maxx, Great leather jacket here.  Skort: Pacsun, VERY similar one here.  Boots: Exact ones here, Forever 21.  Sunglasses: Same as above.

I hope this post was fun to read! It is my first ever blog post, so I am still trying to figure out what poses/lighting/blog layout etc. works for me, so if you have any suggestions feel free to leave them in the comments. Also, I'd love to check out some other people's blogs, so feel free to leave the link in the comments as well.

Thank you so much for reading! xo Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment